Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Three Christian spec titles to be released tomorrow

Only hours remain until the second round of spec fic from Marcher Lord Press. I discovered MLP about a year ago while browsing through Christian writing group sites and have been amazed at the rapid spread it has made. Although I have to save money for college and can't buy each book right away, I have determined to make sure my public library gets all of them; and then one day, when I am an "incredibly-wealthy best-selling author" (yeah, right . . . lol), every book ever published by MLP may grace my personal library shelves.

The only bad thing about reading new books through the library is that the staff spends an awfully long time recording the book's information in the computer, attaching the stickers, etc., etc. -- the book's status is listed as "On Order" and "Newly Acquired," each of which take forever, and then it finally gets placed on the hold shelf. For example, I asked for the audiobook of Tuck by Stephen Lawhead (if you haven't noticed yet, I thrive on audiobooks) a few weeks before it came out at the beginning of February. The library ordered it, but today it is still "Newly Acquired." Yeah, pretty bad.

Anyway, back to Marcher Lord Press. The three books will be hitting the public tomorrow, April 1st -- Starfire by Stuart Vaughn Stockton (see the banner on the left), By Darkness Hid by Jill Williamson, and The Dark Man by Marc Schooley. Though I have usually preferred fantasy over science fiction, Starfire especially has sucked me in. I don't know why . . . there is just something strangely appealing in a non-human world in which there is still one true God. (And Rathe is such a cool name for a dinosaur!) If you haven't already entered Stuart Stockton's contest, be sure to take advantage of it before midnight. This book is going to be AWESOME!

3 comments:

Avily Jerome said...

Hey there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I really am enjoying your blog thus far--it seems you and I have very similar reading tastes!

I love Marcher Lord Press--he has a really great concept, and a good thing going there! I can't wait to see how it grows!

Hey, if you get a chance, would you do me a favor and read my sample chapter of "Dying for Dragons" on the sidebar of my blog? I'd really love to know what you, as a reader of the fantasyish genre, think of the concept. Thanks!

Marc Schooley said...

Hey Elizabeth,

Thanks for the mention on your blog, much appreciated. I was sorry to see this, though: "Although I have to save money for college and can't buy each book right away"

So, in appreciation for mentioning me, feel free to come by my website or blog and email me at the email address posted there. I'll send you out a copy right away, free of charge. Thanks again!

Marc Schooley

M. C. Pearson said...

Hi...just visiting from Facebook. My Christian book review group, FIRST Wild Card Tours, has reviewed some of MLP books. :-) Jeff Gerke is a nice guy. Glad to see he has some great supporters!